12.31.2016

The End of Another Year!

WOW! I can't believe today is the last day of 2016! This year has been filled with a lot of good things along with a lot of heart break. We can't wait to see what 2017 has in store for us! Lots of exciting things will be happening with our blog so stay tuned for that. We are so very grateful for each of you and your support with our blog and helping make it a success! Thank you for all the love you have shown us. With that being said, what better way to finish off 2016.. here is our Christmas Eve/Christmas Day post! Enjoy! 

Just in case you missed it here is our Christmas card! Merry Christmas! Sorry if we missed sending you one this year, we send out a lot so sometimes it gets confusing on who we have sent them to and who we have missed! We will try and get you next year. 

Right before James and I left I received one of the BEST gifts ever. I was given one of Judy's scarfs! It still smells like her and when I wore it on Christmas Eve, Eve I felt so close to her. Thank you Barry for the wonderful gift. I will cherish this for forever.

On Christmas Eve, James mom and I were able to surprise James with going to Rouge One with the whole family! Thanks Momma H! It was so much fun! 

Of course we wore our Christmas Eve outfits.. I mean we had to! Have any of you seen Rouge One yet? What did you think? The Mr. was a big fan! Myself.. not so much ha! Maybe if I see it again but I don't know if I care to. 

After the movie we went back to my parents house to help set up for Christmas Eve dinner. Of course good ol' "Pete" came! Sure do love my grandpa and his dumb stories that he makes up ha ha! 

Once we were done with dinner and while my pops was taking grandpa home we all gathered around to decorate Christmas trees and cookies! It was so much fun. James, Nico and Seth definitely used the most candies on their trees ha ha.

Once we were done with that it was time to gather around and get our Christmas PJ's and to open some presents! Of course we had already played Christmas bingo which I stink at.. I was the LAST person to get Bingo. 

The men in the family besides Seth all got shirts since you know.. men usually don't care too much about Pajamas. Seth got some 49ers PJ's which he was thrilled about! 

And all us girls got us some nice and cozy pajamas! Ours came with pockets which is always nice. Another plus is they have been keeping me warm up here in the freezing Idaho air! Ha ha! PS. Isn't Crystals baby bump just so cute?!

On Christmas day (I didn't take any pictures.. what the heck is wrong with me?!) we went to try and see my grandpa but it had snowed so much that we weren't able to make it to him so we went the next day. But we were able to make it to James' family! There we listened to everyone talk about their missions and even had some food from their missions, played games, opened presents of course and did the grab box. What is grab box? Um, I don't know how to explain? It's a bunch of presents and you go around and pick one and you can steal someones but only three times. It is pretty fun! Once we were done with that we had to head back to my parents house before the storm got worse or the roads turned to ice. Better safe than sorry!

The day after Christmas my family all went to see Disney's Moana! It was pretty cute but not my favorite Disney movie. It was fun to sit next to Chloe and hear her cute little giggle. Sure do love my nieces and nephew! After the movie we did a little after Christmas shopping where I got A LOT of stuff! Of course I did.. but hey it was cheap! 

The next day James and I were getting ready to go home. But before we headed out we went to the new Brewery in Utah called Strap Tank Brewing Co. to grab a quick bite with my family who I never see anymore! So it was a lot of fun and very nice to be able to catch up with them again! 

Ta-Da! There we all be! I sure do love my family and wish I could see them more often. Maybe next year will be the year. If you are ever near Strap Tank I suggest going there. The food was delicious!

We hope you all had a wonderful holiday! We know we sure did. Again thank you for following The Mr. & The Mrs. Blog! It means the world to us. And on that note we will see you next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment