8.31.2016

Adoption.

Well, it's true. James and I have started our adoption journey. Before I go into any detail.. any advice, suggestions or keeping an eye out would be much appreciated seeing as how we are SO new to this. We have decided to journal aka blog our journey to remember our feelings and the experience of it all. So therefore this is more for us than you. Ha! Just kidding you can enjoy too and be updated with this new and way important part of our life. 

How did we decide to look into adoption more and get started? Funny story.. there was an ad on Facebook of an adoption agency looking for a family with no prior children and is of the LDS (Mormon) faith to adopt a baby boy due in December. Well I had seen these ads many, many times and just ignored them. For some reason this one stuck out to me and I had the prompting and feeling that I needed to contact them to receive more information. So I decided to go ahead and email them.. then tell James and I did. Oops.. probably should of informed him first but I just did and went for it. James has been very open to the idea of getting all the information we need to pursue our feeling of needing/wanting to adopt. So far this has been the best decision. Me personally I feel even if we don't get the chance to adopt this little boy that there is a lot that we can learn from this experience. And with that said we have already learned SO much! Right now our current step is to move forward with our home study and classes. This way we are prepared for our future in adopting.  

This is all so crazy and such a new experience. But, we feel hopeful, happy and anxious. We are ready to grow our family in whatever way that may be and we have truly turned our trail and newest adventure (missed that post? check it out here) over into the Lord's hands. We have the most trust in him that whatever is meant for us will happen. We also feel that it is closer than it has been in the past. It is all exciting. It feels great to finally have the peace that I have personally been looking for, I can honestly say this is the happiest I have felt in a long time. It is wonderful. But with that said, it doesn't mean that James and I still aren't confused at times. In fact, we still are confused about this whole adoption thing the process, the money. Adoption is super expensive so we are looking into all of our options there on how we can best afford it! Like I said at the beginning, if you know anything about this stuff please, PLEASE help us!


As the picture states above we are now just trying our best to take it all one day at a time and enjoying the journey! This is a very exciting time for us and we can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. Thank you all so much for your continued love and support it truly means the world to us. We love you all! Thank you for being a huge part of our life and our story. We hope you enjoy going on this journey along with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment