6.03.2014

A short weekend visit

Last weekend the hubs and I went down to Utah for a short visit. For a few reasons. 1-It was Halee's 6th grade graduation. (That's his sister.) 2-It was Brandon's graduation. (That's his brother.) 3-It was the nieces dance concert. Needless to say, it was a pretty busy weekend going from here to there.

(Not the worlds best picture ever.. but yeah sorry!)
Halee graduated from Elementary school on Thursday! Wahoo! It was so exciting to see how excited she was and is to be going to junior high school. It's a big step in life. I'm so proud of her. It was AWESOME, she sang Katy Perry's song "Firework" with one of her friends she did a fabulous job. Man that girl has some PIPES. James and I surprised her with our visit. She didn't think we were going to be there for her graduation so it made it all the better. I'm glad we were able to share her special day with her.

On Friday afternoon we went to lunch/dinner with the hubby's family to celebrate Brandon's graduation. We went before hand seeing as how he had a later graduation. Smart idea on his parents part or we would have been STARVING! We went to Olive Garden. The food was alright to be honest.. well at least mine was. Our waiter was pretty good though. Although I'm pretty sure he kept hitting on James sister Natalie. ha ha.

After lunch we went home for a bit and rested. (Like an hour or so ha!) After our nice little rest we headed to go and see Brandon graduate High School. I'm so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. He's an awesome dude. I couldn't ask for a better brother-in-law! At the graduation we couldn't of picked better seats.. we were up front close and personal. Ha ha. We were just a few seats down from where he was sitting so we were able to stare at him the entire time and make him feel as uncomfortable as possible. Hey! You need to have a little fun a graduations or you just might kill yourself. ha ha. That might sound harsh but man.. those things drag on. I even say this about my own. So no hard feelings.

The next day was the nieces dance concert! Man can these little ladies shake it! They did such an awesome job! I love being their aunt. I was sure glad that we were down for this weekend so we could see them dance. They have grown so much over the few years and keep getting better and better at this whole dancing thing. It was awesome to see their different personalities also. They are just so cute!

Sunday was the day to go home. Unfortunately. If you haven't noticed I am a family person! Anyways. Before we headed home we stopped by my cute grandpa's house. He is hilarious and full of spontaneous  moments. This 92 year old has got it! He is stubborn, but so full of life. I love my grandpa so much and I am grateful that we were able to stop by and see him.