7.17.2017

Washington Trip Part One

Last month James and I had the opportunity to go on a vacation! We decided to go to Washington to visit James grandparents, also to visit his aunt and of course my best friend. It was such a fun time and we were able to do so much in the week and a bit we were there.

We left Idaho very early on Saturday morning (June 10th) so we could get to Washington somewhat early. And we would of made good time if I didn't have to pee all the time. HA HA! 

And of course .. no road-trip is complete unless you listen to a little Wynonna Judd, "No One Else On Earth" aka my favorite song of all times! James is such a good sport and lets me listen to this song a lot. Thanks hubs! 

The drive to Washington is absolutely gorgeous.  (Ps. this picture and the next are from the Dalles in Oregon!)

I love the views! It makes the ride so much more relaxing and enjoyable. Thank goodness or this could be a very long and dreadful ride ha ha.

We finally made it to James grandparents about 6:30-7:00. We were so excited to finally be there and to see them! As always I had to walk around their backyard and explore their pretty flower garden. IT is PURE heaven back there. It bring me inspiration on how I want to fix up our own home! 

On Sunday we just relaxed, visited family and of course played some games. It's not Sunday unless you play some games right?! It was nice to just have some time to relax and enjoy James grandparents company along with his aunt and her family. 

On Monday we headed off to the Oregon Coast! It was my first time going there and it did not disappoint. It was absolutely breath taking. I took millions of pictures and I will be sharing them on my photography page so if you want to see them go HERE or HERE

Thankfully on pebble beach there were some nice people to take a few pictures of James and I so they weren't all selfies. And a bonus .. I loved the cooler weather. Sure was a bummer to come home to hot, hot, hot weather! YUCK! ALSO, this is one of my most favorite pictures of James and I.

Pebble beach is so beautiful! It was a shame we didn't get to see any whales though. Sadly enough they were there the next day! BUT, we did see A LOT of seals and those are fun! 

There was also this awesome Light House (which are some of my favorite things to take pictures of ..)  it was beautiful. Wish I would of figured out that we could of gone all the way to the top ... but didn't figure that out until they closed. Oh well maybe next time! 

If you are ever on the coast make sure to stop by the Christmas store! It is filled with millions of ornaments and Christmas gadgets. Completely awesome. This store is HUGE and lots of fun!

On Tuesday it was James birthday! So we headed into Portland just the two of us to celebrate him. We went and did a tour at the USS Blueback submarine. It was so neat to see everything and how tight it was in there. We also were able to see and touch a real torpedo! It was sweet.  

Afterwards we hit up the food trucks in downtown! After walking around in a circle five billion times we finally decided on getting some delicious pizza from Verona. Both James and I got the BBQ chicken pizza and oh my .. it was divine. 

Afterwards we hit up the famous Voodoo Doughnuts. And oh boy ... is that place fun! They have a millions of different doughnuts including dirty named ones. Ha ha! The sad part is they are pretty pricey for well ... they tasted like doughnuts but that is okay! It was a fun experience. 

Later that night Grandma cooked a delicious birthday dinner for James that filled us up but don't worry we saved room for the wonderful cake she baked! After we were stuffed we headed to the movies to see Wonder Women! Fantastic movie, I highly recommend it to you all! 

On Wednesday it was time for us to head to our next adventure. It was hard to say goodbye, but we were excited for our next adventure. It was a lot of fun to be with them and all the adventures we were able to have! It was a blast and we can't wait to go back soon. Don't worry ... part two is coming to the blog soon! (Best friends ... Safeco Field, and much more!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment