4.26.2017

4 years.

Wow! I can't believe it has already been four years since the Mr. and I got married! Time has flown on by. These last four years have had their ups and downs, but .. I am so glad I got to go through them with James. I can't wait for the many, many more ups and downs we are going to have! I'm so grateful I have James by my side, I couldn't ask for anyone better.  I love you so much James! You truly are the best thing to ever happen to me. I thought since today is our four year anniversary it would be fun to share with you all some of my most favorite pictures / memories that I have of The Mr. and I! I sure hope you enjoy!

Fun fact ... James and I took our engagement pictures twice! We took some indoors and some outdoors. I personally loved this one the best ... BUT did not use it as part of our announcement. WHAT?! Weird right?!

Instead went with this one. Although I do like this one .. we do look pretty cute! I picked this one because I wanted James to have a (small) say in our wedding planning .. ha ha! Just kidding he had a lot of say if he wanted to. But I knew he would love it if our engagement was us wearing BYU t-shirts. So there you have it ... we went with the COUGS! Sometimes I regret this decision but oh well, it made him happy and that was important!

This picture wasn't takes by our wedding photographer ... (he actually missed us coming out of the temple ... WHOOPS!) But thankfully my good friend Jenn captured this moment! Thanks girl! It has turned into one of my most favorite wedding day pictures. And that is saying A LOT because I don't normally like kissing (PDA GROSS!) pictures but hey .. it's somewhat cute aye? 

BUT ... this wedding picture trumps them all! I love how bright and pretty it is. And the fact that I look skinny and so young. *tear* where did my youth go! ha ha. The silly part is ... I don't have this picture hung up ANYWHERE in my home .. WHAT THE HECK! Guess I might need to change that one. But beside the point, this is my favorite picture. Well, all of them of us are going to be my favorite ...

James and I did a smaller honeymoon because a few months later we were going to Disneyland for a family reunion! So we figured save our money so we could go there. But we had A LOT of fun in St. George! We went bowling, to the temple, on a few tours and even ate at a lot of really yummy places. The best part ... was being together and FINALLY being married and not having to say goodnight / goodbye to each other at the end of the day! Ha!

Going to Disneyland was the best decision we made! It was a BLAST! We would like to go back again .. maybe our five year? *hint hint ...*

 After a year of marriage James and I made the biggest decision of our married life. We left Utah and moved to Idaho to house sit for his grandparents while they were on their mission. Not only did we get to house sit but we got to take car of  Mr. Max! Who I adopted as my own and loved him like he was my child. We had Max for about a year before he suddenly passed away. It broke my heart terribly! But thankfully I had James there to comfort me and James and me to comfort him. We still miss Max to this day but we were blessed to have him for a little while. Thanks for sharing Grandma and Grandpa!

Here in Idaho we experienced our first Christmas away from family ... it was tough but it was also nice to be able to celebrate with each other and enjoy the holiday! Sadly James had to work but we made it work out just fine! It was a wonderful Christmas just like they always are! James and I both LOVE Christmas especially decorating for it.

 Up here in Idaho we have taken a lot of family pictures. (every 6 months or so ..) Thankfully James is a good sport! I just want to capture moments and make sure we have enough to watch ourselves grow. Belly wise, age you know all that good stuff! This was the first family picture we took after we got our Miss Maggie girl!

And speaking of family pictures ... this one is my ALL time FAVORITE! I think we look so, so cute! I love this picture. And I can honestly say it is my favorite picture of the two of us! I love it!

We have done a lot together these last four years and it has been a lot of fun. Of course we've been to a ton of BYU games .. because you know ... it is James and he LOVES BYU maybe almost as much as me, if not more. ha ha TOTALLY kidding I know he loves me more but BYU is a close second. ha ha. 

And we have celebrated lots of holidays together. And of course tortured our poor animals by dressing them up! But what are parents for right?! (Yes I consider our animals our children .. Don't judge me ...) 

It's been fun these last four years! From getting married, going on a lot of family vacations, moving to another state, getting a dog and not just one but two cats (you know you love them James!) buying our first home together and our first car together! I can't wait to see what another year of marriage will bring us. Maybe another dog? ha!

I love you so much James. Thanks for putting up with me and my crazy ideas! You are the best friend and husband a girl could ask for. Here's to many more years my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment