9.28.2016

Update!!

Alright, I guess it's time for another update as I have fallen behind.. again ha ha! And I apologize as all these pictures are out of order so bare with me and I hope you can catch up. Ha ha! Enjoy!

While James and I were in Utah to welcome home Brandon we were able to get some family pictures done! We were lucky enough to have my wonderful cousin and photographer Elisabeth take our pictures! We LOVE them all so much! She did a fantastic job. The one above is my absolute favorite though! You can find her page here so you can see all of her work and if you are in Utah County I highly recommend her!! 

James' Grandma has been so kind to me teaching me how to can lately and juice lately! I am so blessed to have her close by to teach me all these great habits that will help me out in the long run and to also build up our much needed food storage ha!

Our recent juicing project was Apple Juice and Spiced Apple Juice! MMMM. It smelt soo good and just like fall it was AMAZING! The juice also tasted very delightful. But it was a lot of work for not very much juice.. but at least after we were done juicing we were able to make A LOT of apple sauce. Yummy! We will all be set for awhile ha!

Our Post Office recently was in need of a makeover when someone accidentally ran into it. Thankfully nobody was hurt and there wasn't too much damage! One thing I love most about living in a small town is how many people came to help clean up and we sure did get the job done quickly! And yes, the Post Office is MOSTLY put back together ha ha.

Also while down in Utah welcoming home Brandon and visiting family James and I were able to pay off our car!! WHOOP, WHOOP! Best. Feeling. EVER! 

James and I are very lucky! We had our wonderful friend and his father stop by to cut down a HUGE tree that was leaning over our home, half dead and just scary! Once the tree was gone it way opened up the space and made it look so lovely. Don't worry eventually we will have green grass and a nice looking front yard.. but that will be next summers project!

SEE HOW TALL THAT SUCKER WAS?! Oh I am so glad it is down now. And we got it down just in time too! Whew!

Speaking of cutting down tree's.. We had James' dad (Chris) come up to help us cut down the giant tree but we decided too scary we would let the professionals do it ha! So we went ahead and cut down all the trees in the back that were trash tree's. 

And again.. it surely opened up the space just nicely! Now James and I can plant the tree's we want and how many we want! Yippee! 

And lastly! Miss Maggie got herself a haircut the other day! Now she is freezing all the time since the weather is cooling down. Good thing for sweaters and her very own blanket right? Maggie LOVES sweaters.. no joke. I pull it out and her whole bum gets to shaking and wiggling and she definitely loves having her very one fleece blanket to help keep her warm and to lay on. Spoiled dog. She is lucky she is pretty darn cute! We sure do love her and we are so glad she is apart of our family! 

Well that is it for the updates so far! Hope you enjoyed getting to see what we have been up to this last month! And as always.. I promise I am trying to do better.. maybe when Winter comes around I will be the best at this ha ha! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment